You’re engaged, you’re planning your wedding, and you know you want to #BeAWattersGirl! Your next step down the aisle is finding that dream dress. We asked the pros—Bridal Consultants—how to make the most of your shopping experience.
- Plan ahead. Use our Retail Locator to find a Watters Retailer near you, then give them a call to set an appointment! Setting an appointment assures you dedicated time with an expert Bridal Consultant and a personal, individualized shopping experience.
- Make your guest list. The consultants we spoke with recommended a smaller party for your gown shopping. Invite one to three close companions, whose opinions you trust, and whose company you enjoy.
- Have an idea of what you want, and keep an open mind. Your Bridal Consultant will show you the silhouettes you are most interested in, and will also offer you some variety. Remember that separates are a fantastic way to build a unique look, and accessories like beaded straps, belts, and sashes personalize your gown.
- Be aware of your numbers. Before you go into your appointment, know how much you want to invest in your gown and have an idea of your measurements. Letting your consultant know those numbers in advance will help them select gowns that will fit and flatter both your figure and your finances.
- Put your best foot forward. If you know what kind of shoes you’ll be wearing, heels, flats, or fancy flip-flops, bring a pair along. That will give you an idea of how your footwear will affect your posture, and how your gown will fall. It will also give you an idea of what to consider for alterations.
Most of all, have fun! Shopping for your dream dress should be a fantastic experience. Of course, we love to see your pictures, so if you’ve had a dreamy day at one of our Retailers, send us some snaps at email@example.com.